POSTAL III is a dark comedic third-person action with a twisted sense of humor, currently being co-developed by Arizona-based company Running With Scissors and Moscow-headquartered Akella and TM Studios.
Celebrating the decade of POSTAL franchise, this new installment in the world-renowned series will offer the gaming audience more POSTAL experience than ever before. Once again being cast as a nameless Postal Dude, the player will explore the fictional city of Catharsis, AZ. Doing odd jobs, as well as meeting (and quite possibly confronting) city’s numerous and varied inhabitants such as Eco-Terrorists, Uncle Dave’s Zealot Nuns, Taliban and much more, player will be able to complete the game in one of the three possible ways: from law-obedient Good to a violence-ridden Insane. Postal Dude’s arsenal will be enhanced with a number of unique weapons such as Harnessed Badger Saw, Chain Scythe and many more, to be disclosed later. Reactive environment, robust physics engine, complex NPC AI and number of never-before-seen gameplay elements make POSTAL III a true next generation sequel to a cult videogame franchise.
- Choose between three ways to play through the game: The Good, The Bad, and Insane.
- Interact with numerous NPC factions, powered by reactive AI and complex behavior.
- Fusion of linear story-driven missions and huge free-roaming areas.
- Features wide array of real-life celebrities: from Playboy Playmates to film stars and musicians.
- The game is being developed on Source Engine by Valve for Xbox 360 and PC.