Packed with action, suspense, intrigue, love and betrayal, Jonathan Kane: The Protector is a searing first-person shooter featuring intense, visceral fire-fights combined with stunning stealth interludes. When faced with a menace like the terrorist group, Scarlet Vengeance, you are the planet’s only hope for survival! The thrilling plot unravels through eye-popping in-game and cinematic cutscenes that immerse you in a living, breathing world where danger lurks around every corner.
- Play as both Jonathan Kane - a hardened British mercenary and former MI6 agent trained in counter-terrorist tactics - and Jennifer Guile - a beautiful and wily US archaeologist.
- Two distinct gameplay modes - searing, tactical shooting action (Kane) and tense, stealth sections (Jennifer).
- Use your environment to hide and take cover. Enter into third-person mode when in cover to acquire a better overview of your surroundings. Lean out from behind cover to engage your enemies with minimal exposure. Blind fire around corners when severely pinned down.
- Superb world physics where objects are splintered, shattered and sent flying by barrages of bullets and explosions, creating massively believable battlefields. The player can even shoot enemies - and be shot - through thin walls, adding a further tactical element.
- Enemies intelligently seek out and utilize cover - just like you.
- Disarm enemies by shooting the weapons from their hands, leaving the enemies vulnerable. Once an enemy has been disarmed, they must either reach for a sidearm or run for cover - both of which take time.
- Enemy AI uses lifelike line of sight and hearing to determine your whereabouts. Enemies are more vulnerable in darker areas, while their lifelike reactions to sight and sound also provide the perfect environment for stealth-based gameplay.
- Fully interactive world, populated by civilians, commuters, students and workers who intelligently react to their surroundings and situations.
- Wide range of enemy types, ranging from elite terrorist forces to mythical Aztec creatures.
- Intriguing plot featuring two very different endings, depending on your choices.
- Challenging puzzles and mini games.
This game will NOT run on Windows 95/98/Me/2000
- Minimum: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista
- Pentium 4 class processor (2.4 mHz or better)
- 1 GB RAM (768 MB for Windows XP)
- DirectX9 compatible graphics card supporting Pixel Shader Model 3.0
- Pentium 4, 3 GHz class processor
- 1 GB RAM for Windows XP, 2 GB Ram for Windows Vista
- Sound card supporting 3D sound
- 512 MB nVidia 8800 GT graphics card or better