Based on Universal Pictures’ action-thriller Wanted, starring James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie, the Wanted video game promises to deliver the same fantastic visual style, in-your-face attitude and edge-of-your-seat action as the blockbuster motion picture.
The Wanted video game continues the story of hero Wesley Gibson, picking up the action where the film leaves off and creating an entirely new chapter exploring both Wesley’s journey to becoming an unmatched uberassassin and the epic fiction of “The Fraternity.”
Featuring intense third-person action, the Wanted video game will take combat to the next level with iconic moves—such as “Curving Bullets” and “Assassin Time”—drawn directly from the film, as well as an innovative, multi-layered cover mechanic.
The Wanted video game is being created by renowned game developer GRIN, best known for its work on the Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter series and the upcoming Bionic Commando.
- Intense Third Person Action: The development team at GRIN is best known for its action-oriented gameplay and the Wanted video game is no exception; the game will feature advanced shooting, fighting and assassin “finish” mechanics as well as acrobatic and stealth moves that will blow gamers’ minds
- Iconic film Moves: Fans of the blockbuster film will immediately recognize the logic-defying combat styles and moves from the motion picture -- such as “Curving Bullets” and “Assassin Time” – and will be able to execute those moves themselves as they take on the role of Wesley
- Advanced Cover Gameplay: The Wanted video game will incorporate an advanced cover mechanic that will allow players to use the environment and other items to protect themselves as they engage enemies; the cover mechanic’s multi-faceted design changes the way “cover” gameplay is executed
- Extending Film Storyline: The storyline of the Wanted video game picks up where the movie leaves off, providing fans with another chapter to explore both Wesley’s journey to become an uberassassin as well as the epic fiction surrounding “The Fraternity”
- Experienced Movie-Game Team: The Wanted video game re-teams the film studio with executive game producer Pete Wanat, who has previously collaborated with UPDPG on critically acclaimed movie-based games The Thing, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, and Scarface: The World is Yours
- Operating System: Windows® XP SP2 / Windows Vista®
- Processor: Dual-core processor (Intel® Core 2 Duo E6540/AMD® equivalent or higher)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 5 GB Available HDD Space
- Video Card: DX9.0c Compatible graphics card with Shader Model 3.0 support(NVIDIA® GeForce® 8 series/AMD® equivalent or higher)
- Sound Card: 16-bit Sound Card
- Control Support: Microsoft® X360 USB game pad preferred
- DirectX® Version: DX9 compliant sound card