“Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” is the second expansion pack for the massively popular “Age of Empires III” from Ensemble Studios and Microsoft Game Studios, which has sold over 2.5 million copies to date*. Engaging gamers of all ages and types in epic warfare in the Eastern world, “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” will lead Japanese, Chinese and Indian civilizations to expand their empires.
“Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” is the latest installment in the award-winning “Age of Empires” franchise, developed collaboratively by Big Huge Games and Ensemble Studios for the Games for Windows platform.
- Playable Asian civilizations. Lead one of three unique Asian civilizations — Japan, China or India — to expand its empire and fight for control in the Eastern world. Each Asian civilization, led by powerful leaders, will have unique groups, armies and wonders, as well as buildings that reflect the culture’s architectural style.
- New gameplay elements. Extending the innovative gameplay of “Age of Empires III,” “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” will introduce new ways of winning and trading, random map styles that feature remixes of classic “Age of Empires” game styles, and 15 new Asian Wonders.
- Exciting new single-player campaign. Returning to the historical, civilization-based single-player campaigns, “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” will offer gamers who enjoy the solo experience a chance to engage in strategic combat with Japan, China or India through several engrossing scenarios.
- Expanding a successful formula. “Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties” is the second expansion pack for the massively popular “Age of Empires III,” one of the fastest-selling titles in the franchise history, leading and innovating the real-time strategy genre through exciting and revolutionary gameplay features.
- Games for Windows franchise. This expansion pack will also ship as a Games for Windows title, offering easier installation, reliability standards and support for key features of Windows Vista, including the Games Explorer and Parental Controls.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- PC with 1.4 Ghz equivalent or higher processor that supports SSE
- 256 MB of system RAM
- 2.0 GB available hard disk space
- 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
- 64 MB video card with HT&L
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play
- DirectX 9.0c or above