One of video gaming’s original innovators, Alone in the Dark returns to revolutionise action gaming with an apocalyptic action blockbuster set in New York’s iconic Central Park.
Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, the vast parkland has been protected by generations of guardians while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained, and paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again.
Inspired by the gripping style of contemporary TV dramas, the game delivers a new degree of narrative intensity, presented as a complete season format of episodes each containing action, twists and cliff-hangers. Bursting with innovative technology, including unprecedented environmental interaction, revolutionary physics, stunning visuals, uniquely immersive user interface, and DVD style chapter select, Alone in the Dark breaks gaming cliches to fulfil the next-gen promise and change what players expect from action games.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista 32-bit & 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or Athlon X2 +3800 (Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +4000 recommended) *
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 9.5 GB free
- DVD-ROM Drive: 4X speed or faster
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or ATI Radeon X1950 or better (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 XTX or better recommended)
- Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
- DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher